Why Choose UMKC?
More Successful Students
- Students enrolled in our post-MSN program have a 99% pass rate. Our curriculum brings everyday experience to the classroom. We succeed when our students succeed.
More Career Options
- An online post-MSN degree from the UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies will put you on the path to professional growth, leadership, and social advocacy. The MSN prepared Nurse Practitioner is ready to assume responsibility and accountability for the health promotion, assessment, diagnosis, and management of patient problems. These include the prescription of pharmacologic agents within a specialty area of clinical practice such as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), and Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP), Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (AC PNP).
- Our post-MSN program is an affordable, nationally ranked program that can be completed online. In many cases, work from the comfort of your own home while you receive the same quality education as our on-campus students.
- The UMKC post-MSN program is recognized for its innovative and effective use of technology. Our program will ensure you are up-to-date with the latest in nursing and healthcare. We have been using distance education for greater than twenty years and are very good at it.
- UMKC is one of 30 Universities in the U.S. that has nursing, medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy degree programs on the same campus; thus interprofessional collaboration with faculty from other healthcare disciplines, for educational and research activities, is possible. We have prominent faculty engaged in research at local, national, and international levels. Our faculty is on-line certified thus ensuring a positive learning experience.
- Our program is extremely affordable in states we are authorized to deliver our post-MSN program. U.S. News & World Report recognized us as one of the top 10 schools in the nation for affordable online graduate nursing programs.
How Does The Program Work?
- Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (AC PNP)
Is Financial Assistance Available?
UMKC offers scholarships, grants, loans and work-study jobs.
Let us help you navigate your path. Learn
about the diverse scholarships and financial aid resources that exist
at UMKC, the School of Nursing and Health Studies and from external agencies.
How Are Classes Conducted?
UMKC’s graduate programs are designed to give professionals flexibility. Students use the Web-based software, Canvas, for their online courses, which allows them to engage in interactive learning with faculty and classmates. Students can log onto Canvas to find homework, class assignments, a class list, a syllabus and more at any time. Courses are conducted in synchronous and asynchronous modes depending on the professor and class.
We designed the graduate programs to give professionals flexibility.
How Do I Apply?
Are you convinced that the UMKC MSN program is right for you? Here is what you need to know to apply and enroll:
- October 15, 2018 (for early decision/acceptance) to start coursework in January or June 2019
- February 15, 2019 (for regular acceptance) to start coursework in June 2019
- June 15, 2019 (Fall 2019 start for Nurse Educator & Post-MSN Certificates ONLY)
The Application Process – 5 Easy Steps
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements, listed to the left.
- Fill out the UMKC Admissions Application. Choose the electronic application or a printable application.
- Submit an official transcript to the Office of Admissions. Do not submit your application to SoHNS.
- Submit NursingCAS application (http://www.nursingcas.org/).
- Further requirements may be needed depending on your track of choice. Please click on the Learn More link below to request more information.
*Application fee is $25 and can be paid electronically.
Get started today!