Why Choose UMKC?
More Career Options
- An online nursing degree from the UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies will put you on the path to professional growth, leadership and social advocacy.
- We offer affordable, nationally recognized nursing programs that in some cases can be completed entirely online. For some plans, you will never have to come to campus for coursework. Work at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home, while you receive the same quality education as our on-campus students.
- The UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies is recognized for its innovative and effective use of technology. Our program will ensure you are up-to-date with the latest in nursing and health care.
- Our program is also extremely affordable. We offer in-state tuition in states we are authorized to deliver our programs. U.S. News & World Report recognized us as one of the top 10 schools in the nation for affordable online graduate nursing programs.
“I am receiving an
comparable to any
institution in the
“As a Senior Nursing student enrolled in the RN-BSN Program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC), I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving my classmates and I the very best of the best regarding the quality of education we are receiving at UMKC. Overall, my instructors are five-star, and when people ask me, “How do you like UMKC?”, I respond with confidence that I am receiving an excellent education comparable to any institution in the United States (US). Thank you so much for making the earning of an education an honor and a privilege.“
– Stacey Suarez, August, 2016
“…high quality and
“The attention received from experienced professors, combined with the program’s flexible design, created a high quality and balanced learning environment.”
– Elspeth Gunnoe, PMHNP Graduate, 2015
How Much Will It Cost?
UMKC online nursing students pay in-state tuition and fees for nursing courses, regardless of where you live.
Financial aid and nursing scholarships are also available.
“Many faculty are
bring a wealth of
“One of the most valuable aspects of UMKC’s School of Nursing and Health Studies PhD program is the high caliber of faculty. Many faculty are researchers who bring a wealth of real-world experience in a rigorous online learning environment. The faculty have a wide range of expertise, while the School is still small enough to retain a friendly, supportive atmosphere.”
– Jennifer Wessol, PhD Student
How Long Will It Take?
Our online nursing programs provide professionals a flexible way to learn independently online.
Distance education students are afforded the same UMKC student support services as our on-campus students. Including personalized attention and mentoring from faculty and 24/7 NetTutor student support.
Our programs use Blackboard, which is Web-based software, for classes. Courses are conducted in synchronous and asynchronous modes depending on the professor and course.
We designed our online programs to give professionals flexibility while enjoying some scheduled online class time with peers.
Our programs deliver quality, interactive learning experiences that engage students, faculty and class peers.Our faculty and staff are committed to helping students succeed.
We designed our
to give professionals
“I truly can say UMKC and its faculty remain an outstanding facility for health care academics.”
“UMKC and the faculty leaders have impressed upon me that achieving overall excellence is paramount, [and that] developing mutual relationships with healthcare leaders allows for growth as a person and leads to a meaningful experience.
It was clearly evident the faculty really cared for the students and wanted me and my classmates to succeed in the DNP Program. I found the curriculum challenging, but rewarding. I came back each summer as part of the summer intersession to reconnect with the faculty and provide updates on my scholarly project.
As our healthcare landscape changes, I truly can say UMKC and its faculty remain an outstanding facility for health care academics.“
– Daniel Blaz, DNP
Recipient of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Award
Get started today!
Learn more: 1-(816)-235-1723