UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies
Expand your career options.
Apply now. »
Call 1-(816)-235-5693 for more info.
Why Choose UMKC?
More Career Options
- An online nursing degree from the UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies will put you on the path to professional growth, leadership, and social advocacy.
- We offer nationally ranked nursing programs that, in some cases, offer work from home flexibility. For some plans, you will never have to come to campus for coursework.
- The UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies is recognized for its innovative and effective use of technology. Our program will ensure you are up-to-date with the latest in nursing and health care.
- Our program offers affordable tuition in states where we are authorized to deliver our programs. U.S. News & World Report recognized us as one of the top schools in the nation for affordable online graduate nursing programs.
UMKC School of Nursing and Health Studies Ranks in Top 30 for Ninth Year in a Row
“UMKC was my top choice for graduate school and it did not fail me.”
“UMKC was my top choice for graduate school and it did not fail me. The professors are willing, helpful, and went above and beyond. Even in an online program, there was a sense of community and personalization. I wasn’t a number, I was Teri. I am proud of being a DNP graduate, Pediatric nurse practitioner, the pediatric program is a program with a quality of excellence! “
– Teri Townsend, DNP Program Graduate, 2018
“…prepared me to excel in an ever-changing and demanding healthcare environment.”
“UMKC more than prepared me to excel in an ever-changing and demanding healthcare environment. Your willingness to assist after graduation reflects your dedication to furthering our profession.”
– Justin Summers, Graduate, 2014
Is Financial Assistance Available?
UMKC offers scholarships, grants, and loans.
Let us help you navigate your path. Learn
about the diverse scholarships and financial aid resources that exist
at UMKC, the School of Nursing and Health Studies and from external agencies.
Learn about UMKC Financial Aid
“Many faculty are
bring a wealth of
“One of the most valuable aspects of UMKC’s School of Nursing and Health Studies PhD program is the high caliber of faculty. Many faculty are researchers who bring a wealth of real-world experience in a rigorous online learning environment. The faculty have a wide range of expertise, while the School is still small enough to retain a friendly, supportive atmosphere.”
– Jennifer Wessol, PhD Student
How Long Will It Take?
Our online nursing programs provide professionals with a flexible way to learn independently online.
Distance education students are afforded the same UMKC student support services as our on-campus students. Including personalized attention and mentoring from faculty and 24/7 NetTutor student support.
Our programs use Blackboard/Canvas, which is Web-based software for classes. Courses are conducted in synchronous and asynchronous modes depending on the professor and course.
We designed our online programs to give professionals flexibility while enjoying some scheduled online class time with peers.
Our programs deliver quality, interactive learning experiences that engage students, faculty and class peers. Our faculty and staff are committed to helping students succeed.
We designed our
to give professionals
“I truly can say UMKC and its faculty remain an outstanding facility for health care academics.”
“UMKC and the faculty leaders have impressed upon me that achieving overall excellence is paramount, [and that] developing mutual relationships with healthcare leaders allows for growth as a person and leads to a meaningful experience.
It was clearly evident the faculty really cared for the students and wanted me and my classmates to succeed in the DNP Program. I found the curriculum challenging, but rewarding. I came back each summer as part of the summer intersession to reconnect with the faculty and provide updates on my scholarly project.
As our healthcare landscape changes, I truly can say UMKC and its faculty remain an outstanding facility for health care academics.“
– Daniel Blaz, DNP
Recipient of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Award
Get started today!
Learn more: 1-(816)-235-5693